WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
What is it?
Some people use the words counselling and psychotherapy interchangeably. From my perspective:
- Counselling is usually best suited to those seeking solutions to current problems.
- Psychotherapy is generally more helpful for individuals seeking personal development or who experience deep-seated or life-long struggles.
Is it right for me?
At Velvet Evolution, I practice Person Centred Counselling (PCC). PCC is a non-directive, client centred approach to counselling and psychotherapy.
The two primary goals of PPC are:
- Increased self esteem.
- Greater willingness to take on new challenges.
PCC is a talking therapy in which we explore your past, understand how this has impacted negatively on you to date and, through a process of acceptance, reduce its ability to impact on your present life leaving you free to start achieving your future goals today.
What should I expect?
PCC is a self-directing and self-determining form of counselling, held in an environment free from judgement, where you feel safe, heard and understood.
What will I learn?
Some of the related changes Counselling & Psychotherapy seek to foster include:
- Closer alignment between your idealised and actual selves.
- Better self-understanding.
- Reduced levels of defensiveness.
To find out more and find out if Counselling is right for you, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me @velvetevolution on twitter.