MY VELVET EVOLUTION – PART 6: READY FIRE AIM
As my final preparation ahead of the New Year 2013 I wanted to make visible to myself (and so to you) my barriers. So far I have focused on what I would like out of next year and how I would like to move forwards and been, I feel, quite positive. However, I feel it would be remiss of me not to just acknowledge that I have my areas of struggle too.
I am a big thinker! I overdo it and it’s been very much to my detriment in the past, so I have to actively manage my brain these days. Below I have created my list of things I have to look at for so that they don’t creep up and sabotage my FUN mission. These are injunctions that I created growing up and have at times dictated my life and limited me in terms of how I think, feel and behave.
– Staying indoors
– Being too tired
– Being lazy
– Trying to do it all in one day
– Trying not to fail
– Trying not to be fallible
– ‘It’s too hard’
– ‘Bored now’
– Shutting yourself away
– Putting everyone else first
– Living vicariously
– Using the TV to numb your thoughts
– Using Twitter / Facebook as a distraction
– Fixed mindset (black or white – if you don’t think it’ll work don’t even try it)
– Every decision is final and cannot be reversed
– Living in your head
– Getting absorbed in a fantasy land of ‘what if’s’, ‘if only’s’ and ‘shoulda, coulda, woulda’. (aka: The Bubble)
By writing these down and by sharing them, it is my hope that not only may some of them resonate with you, but that I already reduce their power over me. If I can see them as visible written words, I am more conscious of hearing them in my head and calling them out.