HOW TO GET RID OF STRESS AND SLEEP BETTER IN 5 BREATHS
5 BREATHS QUICK TIP
Are you feeling stressed, always tired, out of touch with your body, and perhaps not sleeping well, or sleeping too much?
Then the chances like you’re living almost entirely in your head.
You have lost touch with your body, you emotions and most importantly of all, your breathing.
To feel energised, to sleep well, to reduce stress and anxiety, and to get out of your head and back into your whole being here’s my super quick and easy tip.
- Lie on your back, and bring your knees up so that your feet are flat on the floor.
- With your eyes open, (this is key to stop you falling asleep) and with your arms by your side, breathe in slowly through your nose, and out, slowly through your nose.
- The breath in should be as long as the breathe out.
- As you lie there just feel your lungs and rib cage expand and retract. Do this for 5 or more slow steady breaths, and then see how you feel.
- If you feel you need more, take a few more slow steady breaths, and work your way up to 10 breaths, and eventually all the way to 2 whole minutes of slow steady breathing.
- All the time, staying focussed on the movement of your lungs and rib cage.
You will feel yourself come back into yourself. You will relax, you will be present, you will be focussed and you will feel calm and energised.
Try it when you get home tonight and see how different you feel after just 5 slow breathes.
p.s. I suggested lying down here as some people find it difficult to sit with a straight back whilst trying to get good diaphragmatic breathing, so lying on your back with you knees bent and feet on the floor aids this correct breathing.
p.p.s. Remember to keep those eyes open, we don’t want you falling asleep now!